Tuesday, January 24, 2012

20th century from the view of Metamorphosis

As I was studying the historical context of Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis, I came to the conclusion that I should post about it on my blog since it was written in the 20th century. As a Jewish man in Germany during World War I, Kafka was certainly in on the action and contributed to literary history of the time as well. He was a big part of the Existentialist movement. This was also at the time of the Feminist movement (which was shown though Gregor's sister, Grete, but I will try not to analyze literature in this post). Women starting trying to fight against the belief that a woman's sole purpose was to care for men. I think I might ramble on that on a later post. That's about all I have from my background section of my Metamorphosis paper. It's not much, but it got me thinking about future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment