Friday, March 30, 2012

Helping Students Connect

Just realized I did not post this on the 21st when I saved it as a draft, so here this is super late.

Today I found a valuable opportunity to use connecting research strategies to aid a fellow student in their research. This student was struggling to find useful sources for a research paper. She had one extremely useful article but found nothing else to back up her work. I suggested some of the research strategies I have picked up to help her connect to the authors of that article. We found his contact information, and she sent him an email. I do not know if she emailed him back yet, but it was great to see her replace boredom and frustration with excitement and energy as she discovered the joys of connecting in research.

No comments:

Post a Comment